This past week we launched our first Big Picture Marketing seminar. Entrepreneur and social media guru, Veronica Pastore and I hosted a group of budding entrepreneurs, business leaders as we spent a day sharing a wealth of knowledge and insights into driving business forward through marketing success.
I wanted to share a summary of key points we left with the group. These truly apply to business professionals at all levels.
- A Brand is a Unique Promise – You are inseparable from your brand. Always build a brand Identity and understand the value of your brand equity- BRANDS MATTER!
- Discover the “Power of Words” – Always spread the word and tell your story. Hold your team accountable for strong communications – words do matter.
- Marketing is NOT a “Quick Fix” – Remember, there is NO silver bullet or crystal ball in mapping your marketing direction. You CANNOT predict behavior.
- Referrals Matter – Build a referral program, nurture every referral opportunity. Be sure to manage the process and always monitor results.
- Perception is Truth – Perception is the way we receive and translate our experiences – how and what we think about them. Work to discover how you are perceived and gain invaluable insight into others’ truths. Work hard to transcend the limitations of perception!
- Be Aware of “Gimmicks” – Focus on long-term results versus short-terms gains. Quality will always transcend Gimmicks!
- Internet: Be Strategic – Invest! Balance content, design and technology, and remember to manage the “back-end” of your website.
- Build your Social Media Program – Leverage a clear strategy, be clear in your message. Be consistent and explore all channels
- Invest – Overcome the fear and apathy of launching marketing programs – be practical – beware. Monitor marketing activities like any other aspect of your business.
- PLAN! GROW! BUILD!
We will be offering the Big Picture Marketing seminar again in 2013. Details to be announced soon.