The Next-Mark team recently wrote, designed, produced and edited a powerful campaign video for our client, Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications.
As a marketing communications company, we develop many videos each year, working collaboratively with our clients to create an end product that is representative of their product or service offering.
This experience has shown us that there are five key elements to creating compelling and memorable video content. They are:
1. Have a solid team – Understand that this is a collaborative effort that requires concepting, writing, creative production, special effects and other talents to deliver an outstanding product.
2. Always start with an engaging, yet concise, script – We live in a sound- byte world of short attention spans. Thus it is important to keep the narrative simple, to the point and under three minutes ,whenever possible. This will make it more likely your audience will process the information and remember your message.
3. Remember that your brand identity is integral to the look and feel of your video production – Whether you have a formal brand book in place or a just a logo, your video production should be a mirror of your brand identity. Understand your brand constraints and exploit every creative opportunity to fully represent your brand promise.
4. Use dynamic production techniques as your budget permits – Every day, new video technologies are introduced. Monitor these tools, but keep your eyes on your goal; don’t add unneeded bells and whistles that don’t enhance the communications experience.
5. Distribution is critical to overall success – Once your video is produced, it is imperative that you map out a solid distribution strategy, whether you are posting your video on your website, sharing it in social media or producing DVDs. The more exposure you receive, the more successful your video project will be. Leverage every opportunity to gain the exposure you need!